- our hearts are the very essence of who we are.
- thus, what i believe about my heart shows me what i believe about myself.
- certain theologies have taught me that my heart is wicked. unpredictable. dangerous. untrustworthy.
- this is not what Jesus has taught me.
- Christ died for me—and “me” includes my heart. He has conquered all evil, and has given me a new life. for me to believe that my heart is ugly and worthless is for me to make a pure mockery out of what He did on the cross.
just a few things i am thinking about/learning during my time with Jesus tonight. more to come on this subject, i’m sure…